Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rubicon Estate, Formaly known as Niebam-Coppola Winery sucks


Had a great time today, went wine tasting in the Napa Valley. Always a good time. 10 of us got together to celebrate Michelle's 40th. First stop was BV. Good enough. 2 decent wines 2 not so good. Then we headed to Coppola.

I had been to Coppola a few years ago, we had a private tasting and tour of the Estate. What a blast!

What a difference a few years make.

This place was familiar at first, same decor and grounds, nice in its own right. We headed in to the public tasting room. They sell some artisan goods like sweaters, hats, cutting boards and wine related things. I noticed they where selling 2005 Cask 750ml for $50.00. Rad! We enjoyed the 05 Cask and wanted to by another bottle,
and we wanted to do another tasting.

We headed to a less crowded part, the end, of the wine tasting bar to see what they were offering. i.e (read about the wine and not get in anyone's way)

The wine bartender, what are they called? Bitch? oh, that was just this one, asked us "What are you doing? You need to move down here with the rest of the group." I told her we are not quite ready yet and we are deciding what we wanted to taste. She said again, but much more rude "NO, you need to move to over here so you can get served with the rest of them."

What?

We are completely out of the way deciding what tasting we wanted. Blocking no one and not taking up any room! It wasn't even that crowded!

I said to Gina that this lady was an ass, but what ever, we are usually pretty cool with people that are asses. At least initially.

Not more than 1 minute later, the boss lady came up to us and said the same thing! Just way bitchier and way more rude. I looked at that whore like I was going to rip out her throat. She got the hint. Are you kidding me? Rushing the customer? in a wine tasting? In a non busy situation? and be a rude ass bitch?
I was not going to waste my money here.
I turned around and walked strait out the door. What a bad experience! Total bitches!

I know they don't "need" or apparently care about the money but a $50.00 bottle and $30.00 in tastings? That is not bad haul for just being nice.

We used to like this winery, now I think it sucks and I will never go back there or buy any of there stupid asshole wine. In fact, I think I will spend the next year of my life telling everyone of my horrible experience and encourage them not to support these assholes or their wine. Totally not worth it! Too many other good wines with nice employees. Not only did they piss me off but the entire party of 10 that I was it was pissed too....

F.U. Rubicon Estate. F.U.

No comments:

Post a Comment